The Sand Castle

Thursday, April 07, 2005

The Happiest Baby on the Block

If you have a baby, you need to get this book! Caitlin was kind of a fussy baby and not a good sleeper at all. My Dr. even said that she was a bit colicky. In Parents magazine this month there was an article about helping your baby sleep, written by the author of The Happiest Baby on the Block. Hmm.. I thought, I need to get this book. So, yesterday I went to the bookstore and picked up a copy. I read as much as I could yesterday and applied some of the principles in the book to Caitlin. Wow.. she was a whole different baby yesterday! Happy, content, and a lot less fussy! Don't get me wrong, she cried yesterday, but it wasn't the fussy, non-content cries that she usually has. And last night.. she slept from 9:45 to 1:45, got up and ate, went back to sleep at 2:30 and slept until 6:30!! She did wake at 3:30, but I got up and noticed she'd come un-swaddled a bit. So, I swaddled her back up and put her pacifier in her mouth and she went right back to sleep. I feel like I got an entire night's sleep!! She is so happy this morning. She's in her swing looking at the fishies and smiling and cooing. Thank you Dr. Harvey Karp for writing this book!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home