The Sand Castle

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Doggie Diets

Biscuit and Bagel went to the groomer today to get their Thanksgiving baths and haircuts. When I got there to pick them up, they told me that Dr. Bradley wanted to talk to me for a minute. Uh Oh. A parent - vet conference. Can't be good. Apparently Biscuit threw up after she got there this morning. No big deal I said, she gets car sick almost everytime we take her there. Dr. Bradley said he figured that was what had happened, but they wanted to make sure that she hadn't been feeling ill. The other thing he wanted to talk to me about was Bagel's weight. "BAGEL's weight? Bagel's the little dog" I said. "Yes, Bagel". The 6 (almost 7) pound dog. "She's overweight" he said. Biscuit's a little overweight too, but he was mostly concerned about Bagel because she is so little and it puts so much extra strain on her joints. So, my dogs are on diets. Let me tell you, they are not too happy either!! Biscuit only gets 3/4 cup of food per day and Bagel gets 1/4 cup per day. I'm guessing they've been eating twice that. Dr. Bradley even gave me a special measuring cup to measure it out! He said we'd see where they're at next month. If they haven't lost, they have to go on diet food. Biscuit HATES the diet food. I guess Caitlin better stop feeding them puffs and teething biscuits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home