The Sand Castle

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The strange powers of American Idol

I love the first few episodes of American Idol. You know, the ones where people who think they can sing get up in front of the judges and belt out 'I Will Survive' or some other crazy song. This show makes me laugh out loud. It's funny. I can't believe these people don't have friends or family who are willing to save them from the humiliation. I guess it wouldn't be good TV if it weren't for these people getting up and trying to find fame and fortune!

Anyway, last night I was watching the show and when I got up the pain in my pelvis was gone. I felt like dancing! I laced up my tennis shoes and told Rian I was going to walk on the treadmill because suddenly my pain was gone and I was walking like a normal human being again. He said, "are you sure you want to risk it? You've had non-stop pain for 2 weeks and now you're going to risk the one time you don't have pain?" Hmm.. he was right. I needed to get some stuff done! So, I cleaned the guest bath and hung the rest of the pictures in the baby's room. It was so nice to feel somewhat normal again. I still had some pressure, but it was more like achiness or soreness rather than the pain I had been feeling for weeks. Was it the wonder of American Idol that took away my pain? I doubt it. But maybe the laughing out loud helped a bit. Listening to some of those people 'sing' was painful enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home