The Sand Castle

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Toilet Paper Never Lies

Odd title, huh? Appropriate enough for the situation. I have been measuring my belly with toilet paper. Strange but true. When I started out, I was about 8 squares. Today, 5 1/2 weeks from my due date, I am a whopping 11 squares. YIKES! Whatever way you slice it, I am big and I am ready to be done.

This has been the hardest part of my pregnancy so far because of the pain and pressure in my pelvis. I feel like this baby is just going to fall out of me. I wish it were that easy! If it's this painful now, what is the actual birth going to be like?!? I'm like an old lady that needs one of those lift chairs to get up. I can hardly walk anymore. So much for exercise. It's a huge effort for me to walk from the living room to the kitchen. Oh, and forget sleeping. I can't get comfortable, and just when I do, something starts hurting and I wake up and need to roll over again. And THAT takes effort.

It's all worth it in the end. I just wish the end was nearer!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger You have got to be kidding me... said…

    Holy cow do you ever sound like I did! I'm glad all is going well though. I'm very excited to see your little one come!

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Amy,

    This is exactly how I felt with Adrik....and not to scare you, but he weighed 8 pounds! Seriously though, if I had to bet, I would guess you won't make it to your due date! (I didn't) Are you having any contractions yet?
    Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home