The Sand Castle

Friday, January 20, 2006

Caitlin's Teeth

Well, for those of you who are interested in the saga surrounding Caitlin's teeth, here's an update for you. A couple weeks ago I showed the bumps in her mouth to Dr. Murphy. She said they weren't normal and she'd never seen anything like it. She thinks that her canines might be trying to come in, but are stuck under her bottom middle teeth and can't come in, so they are sort've sticking out the front of the gums. They're just huge, white bumps. She recommended I call our dentist and see if there was anything we should do, or if we should just wait. She didn't think anything could be done until something comes in. So.. I called Dr. Brittingham (our dentist) and he said he didn't think anything could be done until something comes in (so they can see where things are at) and that we could either wait, or call the pediatric dentist. I decided to wait a couple weeks and see what happened. So that brings us to today. Yesterday was a really bad day. Caitlin was super crabby and I could tell her teeth were really hurting. I decided if she didn't have a tooth in one week, I would call the pediatric dentist. Well, this morning I can feel part of her top, right tooth poking through the gum!! So, it appears she'll get her top teeth first, which doesn't really help the situation with her poor bottom teeth. Poor baby. :( I guess we'll wait and see what happens with her top teeth and then go from there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home